Wednesday, May 31
Chester-le-Street, UK

Match Centre

Mens First Team
Club Crest

Chester le Street Town


Garforth Town

BuildBase FA Vase Saturday 31 August @ 3:00 PM Moor Park

Chester le Street Town went down 2-1 at home to Garforth Town in the FA Vase. Garforth dominated the play in the first half but couldn’t find the net. After 3 minutes, a cross from the left saw Adam Priestley run in at the far post but Nathan Armin turned the ball around the post. After 9 minutes, a ball into the area from the left found Kane Bingley but his shot was deflected just wide of the target. After 14 minutes a quick break saw the ball played into the Chester area to Mark Simpson but his weak shot went straight into Armin’s hands.

Chester le Street created their first chance after 23 minutes when Luke Collin crossed the ball in from the left and found Owen Henderson running in but he failed to get a good contact with the ball and the chance went begging. Garforth should have taken the lead after 31 minutes when Simpson played the ball into Adam Porritt near the penalty spot but he crashed his shot against the bar. After 40 minutes, Simpson broke into the right side of the box and squared the ball across the area but Sean Hunter failed to make contact. After 43 minutes the ball was played to Simpson in a good position but again his weak shot was easily gathered by Armin. Chester improved in the second half but again Garforth created the better chances. After 51 minutes, Priestley cut in from the right but his shot across goal went just wide of the far post. Three minutes later, a ball into the area found Simpson but his volley brought a great save from Armin. Garforth finally made the breakthrough after 57 minutes when Priestley crossed the ball in from the right and Hunter ran in to head home at the back post. After 63 minutes, Hunter raced down the right and hit a low cross to the far side but Simpson just failed to make contact to turn the ball into the net. Chester made an immediate counter-attack down the left and the ball was crossed into the middle but Owen Lancaster just failed to make a good contact and the ball went straight to the keeper. Chester equalised after 68 minutes when the ball was played in from the left and was turned in by Jack Brown. After 73 minutes, a ball over from the right by Priestley who turned inside Christopher Stephenson and fired in a good shot which brought another great save from Armin. After 86 minutes, Danny Buttle moved down the left and hit a cross-cum-shot towards the goal but it clipped the top of the bar. Garforth scored the winner after 88 minutes when a corner from the left was played to the near post and it was turned in by Dan Williams. Certainly a disappointing result but overall Garforth deserved their victory.

Team: Nathan Armin, Christopher Stephenson, Ricky Fenwick, Kevin Dixon, Alexander Walker, Owen Lancaster, Michael Hepplewhite, Jak Mitchell (David Surrey, 45 mins), Jack Brown, Luke Collins (Harry Whisker, 87 mins), Owen Henderson (Harrison Scott, 78 mins). Subs Not Used : Anthony Lee, Connor Lyon, Danny Hepplewhite, Calum Greaves.

Attendance 105

Next up for the Cestrian’s an away game on Saturday 7 September against Durham City at Willington’s Hall Lane Ground

Chester le Street Town 1 - 2 Garforth Town

  • Saturday 31 August 2019 @ 3:00 PM
  • BuildBase FA Vase 
  • Moor Park
  • Attendance: 105
  • Referee: C CHATTEN

Previous meetings

31 Aug 19 3:00 PM BuildBase FA Vase Chester le Street Town vs Garforth Town 1 - 2