Wednesday, May 31
Chester-le-Street, UK

Match Centre

Mens First Team
Club Crest

Chester le Street Town



BuildBase FA Vase Saturday 9 September @ 3:00 PM Moor Park

Chester le Street Town  crashed out of the FA Vase going down 3-2 at home to Silsden from the North West Counties League.

Silsden almost took the lead on 8 minutes when a  Josh Kane shot from 30 yds came back  to safetyoff the crossbar.  Two minutes later, the ball was played into the Silsden area which Brid Thompson controlled well to turn and shoot but the ball drifted just wide of the far post. After 18 minutes the ball was played through to Lee Mole but his shot deflected off the keeper for a corner. From this corner, Chester le Street took the lead. Alex White drove the free kick into the middle and Alexander Walker ran in to power in a header. Silsden came close to an equaliser after 26 minutes when  Silsden made a break down the left and Nicholas McNally fired across goal from a tight angle but his effort went wide of the far post. After 33 minutes, a long clearance from keeper Callum Jakovievs set McNally racing through the middle.  Joshua King failed to head clear but he managed to recover and turn the ball for a corner. The corner was played back to Kyle Hancock and he fired a great shot into the far corner of the net to bring Silsden level. The Cestrians were reduced to ten men after 38 minutes when Chris Stephenson was dismissed following an incident with a Silsden player. Both players raised their hands at each other but Stephenson received a red card while the Silsden player only received yellow. On the stroke of half-time, McNally broke clear but Wilson made a good block to prevent Silsden taking the lead. Chester le Street battled well in the second half. After 60 minutes, some good play saw the ball played to Lee Mole on the right of the area and he slipped the ball back to Arron Thompson but he fired his shot just over the bar. After 63 minutes, a good cross was played in from the right. Luke Rhodes ran in and headed down but the ball rebounded off the post and was cleared. After 72 minutes the ball was played into Hancock on the edge of the area and he turned well to fire a shot just wide of the post. Chester le Street regained the lead after 74 minutes. A good passing move saw the ball played wide left to White who hit a great first-time cross to the near post and Mole finished in with a great header. However, Silsden were level within a minute. Walker tried to shield the ball out for a goal kick but it was retrieved by McNally and as he turned Walker was penalised for a foul. Although Wilson saved the initial penalty, Mark Trueman followed in quickly to fire the rebound home. Silsden took the lead for  the first time after 79 minutes. A high ball was played into the edge of the area. Wilson rushed out but his attempted punch fell to Hancock and he hit a first-time shot over his head into the net. Chester le Street looked to have salvaged a draw when Mole fired low into the net but the goal was ruled out for offside. A very disappointing result but the team turned in a great battling performance in the second half.

Team : Jack Wilson, Christopher Stephenson, Alex White, Joshua King, Alexander Walker, Daniel Hepplewhite, David Surrey, Daniel McGuire, Brid Thompson (Michael Hepplewhite, 67 mins), Lee Mole, Arron Thompson. Subs Not Used : Andrew Clarkson, Daniel Maddison, Kieren Megran, Connor Lyon.

Attendance : 101

Mr. Connor Scott, Ryton

Mr. Matthew Davidson, South Shields & Mr. Guy Campbell, Leamside

Chester le Street Town 2 - 3 Silsden

  • Saturday 9 September 2017 @ 3:00 PM
  • BuildBase FA Vase 1st QR
  • Moor Park
  • Attendance: 101

Previous meetings

09 Sep 17 3:00 PM BuildBase FA Vase Chester le Street Town vs Silsden 2 - 3